We believe that in order to be successful with the XY Wellness Diet, the critical first step is to literally reset your body. This can be done in only two weeks. It is not difficult, and the payoff is huge.
As a reminder, the XY Wellness Diet is built on seven guiding principles:
- It’s anti-inflammatory.It minimizes gluten, dairy, and other inflammatory triggers.
- It’s low glycemic.It’s free of granulated sugar or refined flour.
- It’s immune system enhancing.It’s rich in antioxidants.
- It’s cancer-fighting.It’s abundant in phytonutrients that actively inhibit cancer growth.
- It’s organic.It’s completely pesticide-free.
- It’s fresh.It features local, raw, live enzyme-rich food.
- It’s delicious.Far from feeling deprived, you are about to discover the joy of eating fresh, clean cuisine.
The best way to transition into the XY Wellness Diet is to commit to two weeks of what we call the Reset Phase. Our goal is to recalibrate your body’s insulin responses, eliminate sugar cravings, and to wipe your dietary slate clean as you learn to navigate the waters of cancer-free eating.
This is also a marvelous way to conduct a little "spring cleaning" when you know that you liver, digestive system, and body in general could use it.
Over the next two weeks, you’ll be filling up on clean, unprocessed, low-glycemic, nutrient-dense foods, including:
- A variety of organic vegetables and salads
- Organic, free-range eggs
- Free-range, grass-fed meats
- Wild-caught or sustainably farmed salmon and other small, coldwater fish
- Nuts—including almonds, cashews, and walnuts
- Olive oil
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
You’ll also be eating smaller, more frequent meals—that means breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and as many snacks as you need to satiate your hunger. In short, you’ll be eating all day long.
Because the goal is to “reset” your body’s cravings and responses to the food that you eat, the next two weeks will also be focused on eliminating problem foods—foods that can negatively impact your blood sugar, aggravate your immune system, or contain harmful pesticides, hormones, or additives.
Foods to avoid in the Reset Phase include:
- Bread, pasta, rice, crackers, or any other grains
- Milk, cheese, and any other dairy (except for non-fat Greek yogurt)
- Commercially farmed animal products
- Conventional, pesticide-laden vegetables
- All sugar and processed foods
- All fruits and starchy vegetables
The word to remember here is variety. Don’t focus on the foods you can’t eat—fill up on the foods you can. Strategies like creative cooking, recipe rotation, and diverse food choices won’t just make the Reset Phase easy, they’ll make it delicious and enjoyable, too.
By the way, don’t underestimate the power of a strong support system. Share the details of your new diet with your spouse or partner today and ask for their help in keeping you on track. The encouragement and participation of your family and friends can play a vital role in your success.
And now, let’s focus on the foods that you will be enjoying over the next two weeks, and then identify those you will be avoiding.
For many of you, the above will be a shock to your system, which is going to be a welcome relief to your body which is likely exhausted by the wear and tear delivered daily in the Standard American Diet (SAD, indeed).
In just two-weeks, by adhering to the Reset Phase plan, you will rid your body of the problem foods that currently negatively impact your blood sugar, aggravate your immune system, or contain harmful pesticides, hormones, or additives. You will eliminate your cravings for these foods that do so much harm to your general health. And you will no doubt shed a few unnecessary pounds as a happy side effect.
Will it be easy? No, at least not initially because you are breaking old, bad habits.
Will it get easier? Yes, by the second week you will feel lighter, more energetic, and begin to wonder why you did not think of this earlier.
Will you be able to return to your old diet? Yes, but you will likely not want to. Instead, you will move on to the far more liberal XY Wellness Diet in order to further boost your body’s innate abilities to reclaim and rebuild your good health.
If you are willing and able, the payoff is huge. The decision is yours to make. And it is only for two weeks, so man up.
Are you ready? We are here to help.